Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I have been awarded a free condo for one week--where should I go

I have been awarded a free condo for one week--where should I go?
I live in Ohio (Toledo area) and I want to take my family with me--(6 adults flying/I'm included) We have to pay the flight--and we have 2 kids in college, so it needs to be affordable! Would love to go around Dec. 15 and return about Dec. 22--would appreciate advice on where to go and how to get there! Would fly out of Detroit It's good most places throughout the world--prefer North American area though because I live in Ohio (Toledo area) and I want to take my family with me--(6 adults flying/I'm included) We have to pay the flight--and we have 2 kids in college, so it needs to be affordable! Would love to go around Dec. 15 and return about Dec. 22--would appreciate advice on where to go and how to get there! Would fly out of Detroit
Detroit - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Cancun, Mexico...so much to do and the most beautiful place I've ever been to. Cheap, too.
2 :
Where is the free condo good for? How can we make suggestions without more information?
3 :
Anywhere that will be warm, unless you like to ski. Sounds like your condo is a time share. I have a warm suggestion: Orlando: Its great in the December. Disneyworld is totally decorated for Christmas. If you stay at a Disney property time share, they have a free shuttle to and from the airport. They also have a shuttle throughout the park. This will allow to save money by not renting a mini-van. Renting vehicles in Orlando is every expensive because the government levies a lot of taxes. Also, there are toll roads everywhere...so stick to the Disneyworld property to save money. It may be tough to exchange into. If you cannot exchange into a Disney property, I would stay Marriott Cypress Harbour or Marriott Grande Vista. Both are great time share condos. They have plenty of activities in resort. You will need to rent a mini-van since neither property have shuttles to Disneyworld.
4 :
I would recommend South Carolina(Myrtle Beach) or North Carolina(Outer banks) or Florida(Ft. Myers, Naples, Keys, Miami). Maybe you can look and see where the cheapest flight would be to these locations. If you have triple A I would go and talk to your agent. Sometimes you can get deals for traveling with more people and sometimes it is hard to get seats together on websites for cheap for 6 people.
5 :
Does your award specify properties to which you are limited? If you can go there (and there are many condo rentals there), I would try Sanibel Island, FL. Lovely, but quiet. Great beaches, family oriented. Still warm in December. If you are going to need air, do it now. December 15 is about the time the holiday travelers start. The airfare can get very high if you wait too long.

Search News